Born in 1933, in Leningrad.
- 1957 — graduated from Architectural Department of the Leningrad Institute of Civil Engineering.
- 1974 — gained academic degree in architecture, started to do photography and made the first photo series about Leningrad. First solo show at the House of Architects.
1986 — returned to photography and made several publications in various magazines (including «Soviet Photo»). Participated in All-Union Exhibition of Architectural Photography. Became a member of the Leningrad Photo-Centre.
1994 — joined the Union of Photo Artists of Russia.
Currently works as the associate professor at the Department of Urban Development and the Department of Design of the St. Petersburg University of Architecture and Construction. Heads a creative workshop.
Published 15 photographic albums.
Selected Solo Shows
- City. Selected photos. — Leningrad, The House of Architects. — 1989.
- Photographs from Russia, Leningrad. – Nashua (USA), The Art Center. — 1989.
- Leningrad in photographs. — Amherst (USA), The Town Library. — 1990.
- Leningrad through the lens of Vladimir Antoshenkov. — Leamington (England), The Royale Pryers. — 1990.
- Poetics of Saint-Petersburg. — Moscow, The Central Exhibition Hall Manege. — 2000.
- Masonry. — Moscow, The Moscow House of Photography. — 2002.
- Unique Petersburg. — Delhi, All India Center of National Arts; Mumbai, The Russian Center for Science and Culture. — 2003.
- Subjective Petersburg. Exhibition of photographs by V. Antoshenkov. — Moscow, PhotoSoyuz Gallery. — 2003.
- Exhibition of one photograph. — St. Petersburg, The State Center for Photography. — 2004.
- The Courtyards of Petersburg. — St. Petersburg, The State Center for Photography. — 2007.
- Vladimir Antoshenkov. Children in the city. — Petersburg, Rachmaninov Garden Gallery. — 2011.
- Urban classic. Petersburg. Vladimir Antoshenkov. — Moscow, The Lumiere Brothers Center for Photography. — 2012.
- Vladimir Antoshenkov. Photographs 1974-2012. — St. Petersburg, ROSPHOTO. 2012 — 2013.
- Metamorphosis of the cube. — Petersburg, The House of Architects. — 2015.
- Animate Geometry — St. Petersburg, The State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering. 2016 — 2017.
- “Best Photographs”— St. Petersburg. Erarta, Museum of contemporary art. — 2017
Selected Group Shows
- Domestic and wild. Animalier art in Russian in 18 — 21 centuries. From the collection of the State Russian Museum. — St. Petersburg, The State Russian Museum. — 2004.
- Rhythms of the century. Story with no boundaries. — St. Petersburg, The Central Exhibition Hall Manege. — 2004.
- St. Petersburg school. Silver photography. — Moscow, M'ARS Gallery. — 2005.
- St. Petersburg silver photography at the turn of the century. — St. Petersburg, Ars Magna Gallery. — 2005.
- Architecture — 2006. Moscow, The Central Exhibition Hall Manege. — 2006.
- Architecture: ad marginem. St. Petersburg, The State Russian Museum. — 2007.
- Birds. Animals. People, — St. Petersburg, The Central Exhibition Hall Manege. — 2008.
- St. Petersburg stories. Handmade photography of St. Petersburg School. The second half of the 20th — the beginning of the 21st century. Bordeaux. — 2010.
- International mosaic. Vladimir Antoshenkov and Oleg Matyukhin. St.Petersburg, The Karl Bulla Museum. — 2010.
- Contemporary photography from the collection of ROSPHOTO. St. Petersburg, — 2011
- St. Petersburg symphony. Astana, The Palace of Peace and Reconciliation. — 2013.
- Paper sculpture. St. Petersburg, The State Russian Museum (The Marble Palace). — 2014.
- Structures. St. Petersburg, The State Russian Museum (The Marble Palace). — 2017.