The joyous simplicity of form within Sergeeva’s artworks allow one to bask in the ambience of childhood yet again. Nonetheless this is an achievement in itself, as the innocence that emulated from the paintings is no easy task to complete. One is almost envious of the blissfulness of the period covered by Sergeeva’s work and looks back fondly to identify the various items represented within the paintings. The items themselves, however, are should not be viewed as elementary.
There is a definite connotation to folklore and myth within Sergeeva’s artworks, which give rise to the feelings of nostalgia and reverie. Nonetheless, the palette and content of some of the paintings do at times give a glimpse of incubus, which leads one into a fantastic battle of good and the nefarious. This incited battle of the good of innocence and the malevolence of knowledge, which is inevitable when one grows from childhood into adulthood is identifiable to all. This universal application and appreciation of the works of Sergeeva is the reason as to why her ‘Knight and Button’ was chosen to front the exhibition.
Selected Solo and Group Exhibitions:
- 2010 Story of a box, solo exhibition. Roza Azora Gallery, Moscow, Russia.
- 2010 Murmansk plain-air. Murmansk, Russia.
- 2010 Digital painting, together with K. Florenskaya. National Center for Contemporary Art (NCCA) St. Petersburg Branch, Fountain house, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2010 2:0 – 1:0, solo exhibition. Navicula Artis Gallery, The Pushkinskaya-10 Art-Center, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2009 Volzhsky town. Ferapontovo village, Novopolye hamlet, solo exhibition. Country Life Gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2009 Village Pictures. Borey Art Center, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2009 57+34, solo exhibition. Borey Art Center, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2007 In the end of November, solo exhibition Angleterre Hotel, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2007 About railway. Book and Graphics Centre gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2006 Slow Speed, solo exhibition. St. Petersburg State Roerich Family Museum-Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2006 Exhibition of students in Vera Mukhina Higher School of Art and Design. St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2000 Christmas exhibition. Anna Akhmatova museum at the Fountain House, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 1999 Exhibition in Oranta Apartment Gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 1998 St. Petersburg. Paintings by St. Petersburg artists. Manège Central Exhibition Hall, St. Petersburg, Russia.